Clock

Friday, June 13, 2008

the best gift

In November 2002, my daughter Julie got married on Florida beach as the sun rose over the Atlantic Ocean. As she and Ewing joined their lives together on that beautiful morning. I knew theirs would be a special marriage- one that God would honor
Here`s one reason I know that. The night before the wedding, as our 2 families got together for a pre-wedding celebration, I read a letter I had written to Ewing, thanking him for his godly character and imploring him to take care of my daughter. After I read the letter, I gave him a gift- actually a gift from Julie. It was a pledge card she had signed 8 years earlier, promising to stay sexually pure. Because she ad kept that vow, she went into her marriage with Ewing knowing that she had honored God out of obedience and love for Him. That, I knew was a vital component to starting out a marriage the way God wants it started

This is one of the undeniable elements of God`s will that is stated specifically in the Bible. How can we mistake these words: ''God`s will is for u to be holy so stay away from all sexual sin. {1 thessolonians 4:3) It takes some pretty fance word games to rationlaize that verse to mean anything but this: God wants us to be sexually pure


When we accept Jesus as a saviour, We commint ourselves to being set apart(santified) and dedicated to godly living. Our society fires anti-purity messages at us at lightning speed, but we dont have to give in Because the Holy Spirit dwells in us, we have the power to resist all temptation. We can answer God`s call to '' to live holy lives''{v7]

No comments: