Clock

Monday, November 3, 2008

Someone to love with my life in their hands

Saturday evening.

I watched this play done by PJEFC people at PJEFC ( near SS2 * Dutchlady factory*)

It was about love.

Father-son
Divorce Mother-daughter
Husband- Wife
Boyfriend-girlfriend

It was very emo, very hilarious some parts but it all brought meanings n message is very clear

I ponder upon this particular play, where the scene was about the husband lost his job few years back, the wife complained how much of a loser the husband n made joke about it , the husband overheard the joke. He felt lousy, hopeless, useless , he strive hard to find good job to bring happiness to the wife and his son.

Couple of months later , he found a stable job and excel pretty well and earn big sum of money.
The play started with the husband returning home late night just in time for bedtime.

Husband : where is Alex ? ( Son`s name)

The wife replied : He is in his room '' Our son is having problems with school , he has missed his maths homework for 3 consecutive weeks n begin to fail in exams before he gets kicked out from school so I told him to go the his room and think about it. ''

Husband : '' So, what are u gonna do with the problem? ''

Wife : '' I tried hard to talking with him ' but he refuses to listen. Why not you try to talk to him about

Husband : '' Well, try other ways to get rid/ deal with the problem'' I am very busy

Wife : '' What problem? He`s not my son , he is OUR SON !

Husband : Hey ! I have enough responsibilities already.. Why cant you handle such matter?

Wife : *sobs* What has happened to u? You are not the same person I use to know when I first dated u . I still remember how we use to sing our favourite song by the lake and talk about problems.

* She begin to sing*

Husband : Its getting late . Time to sleep . I need to work tomorrow. Dont waste time. I`m very tired

Wife : I`m not done yet ! listen to me , back then u were like a house to me, where I felt homely and safe with you. Slowly u from house, u slowly turn into office filled with glass windows and concerete walls . Reflecting every words I`m trying to tell you. After u have got the job, u slowly evolve from office to a prison with barwire , you lock yourself away , lonely, hard headed , dark and felt there`s no love from u anymore. * sobs*

Husband : What a childish analogy ! U have no idea what your talking about ! Your making me sound as if I dont care about the family. I remember how you were when I lost my job at Intercom . U were upset, sad, disappointed at me and I couldn`t bear to look at how our condition like and we needed $ to support our son`s education

Husband : I rmbred how u made a joke about me on the phone with your best friend . U remembered what u said back then?

Wife : What, no. that was many years ago..

Husband : u said " He is now the most qualified road sweeper in the city ''. Since then , I told myself I wanted to make u happy , make us happy again.

Wife : I`m sorry I said such things . I never meant it

Husband : You are right. I am like a prison. It is better that way, surrounded with sharp fence and wires. It is to keep away me from your insults, humiliation. So i decided to keep it that way
And now I am earning big sum of $ , everyone is happy. u are happy . Son is healthy.

Wife : U had it all wrong ! I married u for the man u are. Not because of money or anything. I love u for everything u mean to me. * started to sing their favourite song*

Husband : I love u too. *he sung with her* . I`m sorry about every misery i caused. I`ll talk to our son .

They held hands . Face to face.

and TA DA . That particular act ended


This act is similar to real case scenario. Minus the romantic part and the forgiving each other part.. Many early divorce increases over the years . The world is so blinded by $ . Money cant buy happiness.

so I thought to myself. I rather have a good family relationship between each other . Rather than busy making money and experience broken relationships.

Losing millions of $$ is nothing compared to losing someone thats priceless.

Here I end my blog post

No comments: